Events Assistant – Part-time, seasonal position
Put your energy and enthusiasm to good use this summer helping the Maine Seacoast Mission with its development and fundraising events! Prior events experience a big plus. 20 hours per week, mid-June to mid-September with some flexibility.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate event planning with Development team
- Help track tasks related to event logistics on Excel and Word documents
- Communicate and follow up with vendors by phone, email, and in person
- Communicate with volunteers and donors by phone, email, Zoom, and in person
- Set up and break down at events
- Assist with technology in any virtual aspect of events
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
As part of the Maine Seacoast Mission
- Promote and embody the Mission as a welcoming and inclusive organization, where all people are valued and respected
- Support the values and purpose of the Maine Seacoast Mission as expressed in the “Living the Mission” conceptual framework and mission statement
- Uphold the reputation of the Mission and honor the trust built over generations between the Mission and the communities in which we work
- Experience producing events
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good people skills
- Design sense
- Comfortable with Zoom, Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office apps
Environmental and working conditions
Most events will be held on Mount Desert Island, though some will be on the Mission’s boat, the Sunbeam, and some may be held off-island.
The position requires
- Some evening and weekend hours
- Following Mission and CDC guidelines re: Covid-19
- Personal transportation to events and for transporting supplies
- Setting up and breaking down events, which requires reaching, bending, and turning
- Ability to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 20 lbs
- Ability to get on and off a boat and travel on a boat for events
This position pays $15 per hour.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Anna Silver. We will begin reviewing applications on May 10, 2021.
The Maine Seacoast Mission believes diversity makes us stronger and is an equal opportunity employer.