The Student Pathways Team includes Mission programs that provide mentoring and support for Downeast and Island middle school, high school, and college students.
Student Pathways Team Overview
The Student Pathways Team includes Mission programs that provide mentoring and support for Downeast and Island middle school, high school, and college students. Through individual mentoring, group workshops, scholarships, and enrichment opportunities, our goal is to ensure that all students develop the confidence, insights, and information they need to successfully navigate their transition through high school along with their eventual college or career pathways. We work closely with our partner middle schools and high schools as well as colleges and community organizations.
Our Student Pathways Programs include:
- Island Middle School to High School Transition Initiatives
- College Exploration and Engagement Program
- Davis Maine Scholarship
- Mission Scholarship Program
Student Pathways Team Values, Vision, & Outcomes
- Believe in our students, families, and communities.
- See, honor, and learn from our students’ distinct identities.
- See, honor, and learn from the strengths of our students’ communities.
- Recognize families as integral partners in our work.
- Recognize schools and colleges as integral partners in our work.
- We are passionate about providing support, tools, and knowledge as students progress through high school and along post-secondary pathways.
- As a Student Pathways Team we…
- Model and demonstrate high expectations and strong support.
- Bring strengths, skills, insights, and gifts equally valued and drawn upon.
- Lead as we learn.
- Learn as we lead.
- Programs and policies reflect our team values.
- Pathways programs are developmentally intentional.
- Policies, initiatives, processes, and outcomes are aligned.
- Programs include strong partnerships with high schools, colleges, and community-based organizations.
- We consistently assess our Pathways program progress and adjust our approaches as needed to ensure consistency, efficiency, and excellence on behalf of the students we support.
- We represent our work to the Board, staff colleagues, and community members through the lens of our shared and integrated values.
- Develop the confidence, insights, and information they need to successfully navigate their transitions through high school along with their eventual college or career pathways.
- Learn to self-advocate.
- Value and utilize key support and resources to ensure academic persistence and success.
- Contribute to and benefit from authentic peer mentoring opportunities.
- Explore career interests and opportunities.
- Engage in service opportunities in their communities.