The Student Pathways Team includes Mission programs that provide mentoring and support for Downeast and Island middle, high school and college students.
Student Pathways Team Overview
The Student Pathways Team includes Mission programs that provide mentoring and support for Downeast and Island middle, high school and college students. Through individual mentoring, group workshops, scholarships and enrichment opportunities, our goal is to ensure that all students develop the confidence, insights and information they need to successfully navigate their transitions to and through high school and along their eventual college and/or career pathways. We work closely with our partner middle schools and high schools as well as colleges and community organizations.
Our Pathways Programs include:
Island Middle School to High School Transition Initiatives
College Exploration and Engagement Program
Davis Maine Scholarship
Mission Scholarship Program
Student Pathways Team Values, Vision and Outcomes
Student Pathways Team Values
- We believe in our students, families and communities.
- We see, honor and learn from our students’ distinct identities.
- We see, honor and learn from the strengths of our students’ communities.
- We recognize families as integral partners in our work.
- We recognize schools and colleges as integral partners in our work.
- We are passionate about providing support, tools and knowledge as students progress to and through high school and along post-secondary pathways.
Student Pathways Team Vision
- As a Student Pathways Team
- We model and demonstrate high expectations and strong support;
- We each bring strengths, skills, insights and gifts equally valued and drawn upon;
- We lead as we learn; we learn as we lead.
- Our Pathways programs and policies reflect our team values.
- Our Pathways programs are developmentally intentional.
- Our Pathways program policies, initiatives, processes and outcomes are aligned.
- Our Pathways programs include strong partnerships with high schools, colleges and community based organizations.
- We consistently assess our Pathways program progress and adjust our approaches as needed to ensure consistency, efficiency and excellence on behalf of the students we support.
- We represent our work to the Board, staff colleagues and community members through the lens of our shared and integrated values.
Student Pathways Team Outcomes
- Students will develop the confidence, insights and information they need to successfully navigate their transitions to and through high school and along their eventual college and/or career pathways.
- Student will learn to self advocate.
- Students will learn to value and utilize key support and resources to ensure academic persistence and success.
- Students will contribute to and benefit from authentic peer mentoring opportunities.
- Students will explore career interests and opportunities.
- Students will engage in service opportunities in their communities.